When it comes to selling a home fast and for the asking price you are looking for, staging the home could mean the difference between achieving your goal and not achieving your goal. Studies have shown that home staging can make potential homebuyers stick around longer, which means having a better chance of selling the house with a limited amount of haggling. When it comes down to it, a homebuyer wants to walk into a space that feels lived in – they want to imagine what the home would look like if they lived there. If you want to capture homebuyers’ attention, it is important stage the home appropriately. Here are five simple staging tips to help your home sell.
- Cleanliness is everything. Before you stage, you want to make sure that the house is sparkling clean. Not only that, but the furniture choices you make should be clean as well. Next to advertising a free house valuation, showing photographs of the home right after it has been professionally cleaned, could have homebuyers lining up out the door on open house day. So, make sure that the floor, appliances and all the features of the home are polished and cleaned.
- Place flowers on the porch – maybe even a bench. If you want to spark a homebuyer’s interest, you want to add something in the entry way that will make them feel comfortable and inspired. So, you may want to place a bench – maybe even a swinging bench, flowers, plants and maybe even a few herbs ands spices. Having a rich, compelling smell wafting through the front door is important. Studies have shown that if you don’t capture a homebuyer’s interest within the first couple of seconds, you may never capture their interest.
- Stick to modern and contemporary – not boho chic or some other kind of retro, funky look. When it comes down to it, having a modern and contemporary look is a lot more neutral and can make homebuyers feel more comfortable. Plus, it will make the house look very modern and new. When homebuyers are looking for a new home, they are really looking for a fresh start, so you want to make staging choices that reflect this.
- Place dinnerware on the dinning room table. This is a little detail that can go a really long way. By simply adding a few forks, spoons, knives, and plates on the dinning room table, you can paint a picture in a homebuyer’s mind of settling down for dinner. There is nothing more powerful than this image when you are selling a home. You may even want to have some cookies baking in the oven to really tie it all together.
- Add rugs. Rugs are crucial for a number of reasons. For one, rugs add warmth. Second of all, rugs can protect the floor from all the people walking through the home. If you have old, wooden floors, placing rugs on the floor may preserve the floors for the person who purchases the home. When you choose rugs, though, make sure they are neutral, because you don’t want them to be distracting.